Sunday, March 6, 2011

Carlos From the Texaco Station

A few weeks ago I was running some errands around town to prepare for the groups coming in from the United States.  I stopped at our local Texaco Station to get some gas before heading out to Bobita.  The man who filled up my tank struck up a conversation with me by asking me if I spoke Spanish.  After communicating to him that I spoke a little bit of Spanish, he proceeded to ask me if I worked at the Christian Center in town.  Though that is not my primary job, I told him that I worked there as part of the Manna team.  He asked me what usually happens there, and so I told him that we have activities for the kids throughout the week but we have a church service every Sunday at 9:00 AM and I invited him to come.  He told me that he works every other Sunday so he wouldn’t be able to come the following Sunday, but he would try to come the next one.  Before driving away, he asked me my name and told me his name was Carlos.  I left there thinking that he was a nice person, but I didn’t really give it much thought beyond that.  
This morning we had church at the Christian Center, and guess who showed up?!  Carlos!  I was so happy to see him there, and I was shocked that he had remembered.  He really enjoyed the service and asked Ronald, our adult minister, for a Bible afterwards.  I love how God uses little things like this remind us that He is in complete control and that He has a plan.  I don’t know if Carlos will be back.  I don’t know what he is searching for.  I do hope that he heard something today or experienced something today that let him know how much God cares for him, and I pray that he will be back to visit again very soon.  Keep him in your prayers.
In other news, we have been EXTREMELY busy preparing for the three spring break groups that are coming.  Our first group from Tennessee Tech arrived yesterday, and we could not be more excited.  I can already tell that they are going to be a fun group, and I am excited to see the good that comes from them being here.  Keep them in your prayers throughout this week.  I’ll post again to let you know about what they do while they are here.
Finally, I am moving to Bobita on Tuesday.  I am sooooooooooooo excited, and I cannot wait to be there.  Pray that moving day goes well as a lot of changes will be taking place.  Love and miss you all very much!  More posts coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story about Carlos! I pray that he will read the Bible he was given and continue to come to services there. What a wonderful work you are doing there! You are in my prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete