Saturday, April 21, 2012

Start Spreading the News...


For those of you who haven’t heard the news...Chad and I are getting married!
This past spring break, Chad and I traveled home to the States to visit with our friends and family for a week.  However, a big part of our trip home was our one day trip to New York City to celebrate our one year anniversary and Chad’s birthday.  These two milestone events fall within one day of each other, so I wanted to do something really big to celebrate.  I decided to get us tickets to see one of his favorite movies, “The Newsies”, live on Broadway!  He was so excited, and I was, too!  I knew we would have a wonderful time.
We flew home for our spring break and spent most of the week in Chattanooga and Cookeville hanging out with our families and friends.  Then, on the day we left, we made a quick stop in New York City!  After getting all dressed up for our big night out on the town, we went to Shula’s to eat dinner and then got to spend some time walking around Times Square.  Finally, it was time for the show!  The show was incredible, and we had so much fun together.  


As the night was winding down, Chad gave me a huge hug and told me thank you for a wonderful anniversary and birthday present.  He told me had loved me for a really long time.  Then he said that he had a question for me.  That’s when he got down on one knee, pulled out the ring, and asked me to marry him.  I was shocked!!!  After I registered what he had said, I shouted out an enthusiastic “Yes!”  We were engaged in NYC!
We are both so happy and excited, and at this point, we are already in the stages of wedding planning.  The date is set for October 27!  I feel so blessed to be marrying such  an amazing man.  I can’t wait for us to start our lives together.


No comments:

Post a Comment