Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to Blogging

As most of you can probably tell by my lack of blogging, things have been super busy here in the DR!  The second I got back from language school, each day has been full of different challenges and exciting opportunities that God is putting in my path.  While it did take me a few weeks to get back in the swing of things, I feel like now, more than ever, that God is working through me in this place.  The summer here is always full of activity, and this summer has not been an exception.
Each summer is filled with groups coming in from the United States to work with our ministry.  These groups are high school age kids along with a few chaperones who give generously and freely of their time, energy, and love to help further our ministry here.  Specifically this summer, we have made the focus of our groups the students of Manna Christian School.  The students have spent so much time bonding with the groups, helping the groups with various projects, and creating positive relationships.  I have been so proud of each of our students and how they have been able to bond with the many different people who have come our way this summer.  I know God is using this to prepare these students for the school and specifically the discipling aspect of the school.  I am so thankful for these groups, and I ask you to pray for the next four groups that are coming our way this summer.  They include Clear Creek from Tennessee, Carbondale from Illinois, Winchester from Tennessee, and Lake Jackson from Texas.  Pray that God will prepare their hearts and allow them to be a blessing to this country during the weeks that they are here.  
Another amazing aspect of this summer has been our summer interns.  This is the role that I filled last year and made me realize I wanted to do mission work, so it is very near and dear to my heart.  The seven people we have chosen for interns this summer have done nothing but continue to impress us.  They have flawlessly completed every task given to them while also creating and maintaining relationships with the Dominicans and the group members.  They are an excellent group of people, and they need your prayers as we move into the final half of the summer.  This great groups of people includes Sarah Gary, Luke Hoffman, Nikki Mynatt, Jeff Reese, Savannah Rutledge, Alex Samuel, and Allie Wasmer.  Please keep each one of them in your prayers.  Pray for continued strength, energy, and excitement about the work being done here.  I am so thankful for each one of them and the help they have been to us thus far.  
Finally, in the midst of all of this summer activity, there is still the school that we are planning for.  Each of the missionaries have been working hard in various areas to make sure things are getting done that need to be done.  Seeing all of the kids here on such a regular basis with the groups has made me even more excited about the school than I already was.  While there’s a lot more to be done, I feel like we’re well on our way to being ready for Manna Christian School to start on September 5.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we make plans and prepare.  Pray for each of our students and each of the teachers and administrators.  Pray that God’s hand will be in all of the plans we make.  Pray that we will be able to help each of our students enter into and grow in a relationship with God.  
Sorry for the lack of blog posting!  I will try to be a little more consistent in making posts and keeping everyone up to date.  As always, continued prayers are appreciated and needed!  I love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment