Thursday, July 14, 2011

In His Arms of Love

Late last week our faith was tested.  While sitting outside with some of the interns, Chad’s house was broken into.  A few of the boys we work with here were in his house watching a movie when someone came in the open back door, took Chad’s backpack with his wallet and a few other items, and ran away before anyone could catch him.  The boys were scared and all of us were as well that someone would be so bold as to come in with people in the house and the rest of us sitting so close by.  We were all a little shaken up and continue to be as we try to figure out what to do and where to go from here.  
Satan has been attacking us in full force here in the Dominican Republic.  With the recent break-in that we had, there have been a lot of emotions and feelings that the missionaries, interns, and people here are experiencing.  Some of us are scared.  Some of us are frustrated.  Some of us are angry.  Some of us are confused.  Some of us are tired of thinking about it.  While all of these emotions and feelings are raging, there is one common feeling that is prevalent among each of us.  We are choosing to walk in faith.
While we don’t always understand the things that happen to us, I do know one thing for sure.  God is in control.  He is watching over us and taking care of us.  Yes, Satan is attacking, and why wouldn’t he be?  God is blessing the work here each and every day.  I know that despite Satan’s attacks, God is here.  I see Him in the way our disciples are opening up to the groups coming in from the States.  I see Him in the progress we are making with starting Manna Christian School in September.  I see Him in the work people are doing in the States to get us supplies and textbooks and other materials we are needing.  I see Him in the way the people of the Dominican have responded to the incident we have had here.  I see Him and feel Him through the joy I experience every day by living and working in a place that I love with people that I love.  God is here, and we will continue to fight our battles with His help.  
Since this happened, a song has been running through my head.  It has been a source of encouragement to me, and I pray that it will be that for you all as well.
I sing a simple song of love to my Savior, to my Jesus
I’m grateful for the things You’ve done my loving Savior, oh precious Jesus
My heart is glad that You’ve called me Your own
And there’s no place I’d rather be
Than in Your arms of love, in Your arms of love
Holding me still, holding me near
In Your arms of love
I pray that each of us will find strength and peace in the loving arms of Lord.

1 comment:

  1. you are beautiful and so is your blog. so many prayers coming your way Gyp.

    ReplyDelete