Monday, January 10, 2011

Thank You Jefferson Avenue!

Yesterday at church, my dad was able to make a quick little presentation about the work that I'll be doing when I move to the Dominican Republic.  While a lot of people at Jefferson Avenue were aware that I was moving, most people were not aware that the date for my departure had been moved up.  After services were over, I was blown away by the love, support, and encouragement I received from my family at Jefferson Avenue.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful sponsoring congregation and to be a part of such a loving church family.  The people at Jefferson Avenue are some of the greatest people in the world.  Their love for the Lord and His Kingdom is uplifting, and they have a genuine desire to help His people.  I am honored to be a part of this congregation, and I am so thankful for the love and support they've shown me through the years.

Days like yesterday make me realize just how important it is to have a church family.  I can't imagine going through life without people like that being by my side and encouraging me along my spiritual journey.  I am so grateful to God for the people at Jefferson Avenue and I pray that He will bless His church there for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jill,
    Can't wait to read about your adventures in the Dominican. Keep us posted! Love you and I'll be praying for all of you...
    Aunt Lo

    ReplyDelete