Friday, June 18, 2010

God Understands Spanish and English

Hello everyone! We finally have another group here in the Dominican. It's the Lake Cities group from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. They are incredible people, and I am so happy another group is finally here! Since this group is doing pretty much the exact same things the group last week did, I wanted to share some personal stories about this week so far.

Before the group got here on Tuesday, the interns got to go to Rio San Juan to help Evan and Rachel with Princesas and Pescadores which is a program for the teenagers in the area. The girls talked about prayer and divided into small groups to talk about different aspects of prayer. It was so refreshing to hear from some of the Dominican girls about what was on their hearts and minds. I really feel like everyone benefited from that night and it will not be something that I soon forget.

Yesterday, we went to Puerto Plata to visit the hospital and the dump. At the hospital, I went over to a man's bed and sat and talked with him for a while. I asked him if I could pray for him in English and he said that would be fine because even though he wouldn't be able to understand, God would be able to because He understands Spanish and English. I was floored by this answer, and the truth of it is what makes our God so amazing. We serve and incredible God and He is definitely at work in this place.

One final note, Rosi and Ronald and Evan and Rachel are planning to have the first church service of the church in Rio San Juan at the end of this month. Please keep this in your prayers. Pray that the people of Rio San Juan will be receptive of the Lord and His love as well as the efforts of the missionaries here. I love you and miss you all! Thanks for your continued prayers and support. I'll try to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment