Monday, June 21, 2010

VBS, Painting, and Concrete

Here is what's been happening since my last post. On Friday, the Lake Cities group went up to the hill that overlooks Rio San Juan and prayed for the city. It's always so nice to do that and it really encourages Rosi, Ronald, Evan, and Rachel. Friday afternoon, the group had VBS at the Outreach Center. They did such a wonderful job and the kids really enjoyed it. I met the sweetest little girl named Yaresa. She made a necklace for me and then gave me this little turtle charm she had. She was precious, and it was so nice to spend some time with her. After VBS, we try to walk some of the kids home to meet their families and get them involved in the church. I took a teenager named Estefany home. I got to meet her grandmothers and Estefany fixed my hair which was quite an experience. I'll post some pictures soon. Let's just say that my hair was looking slick. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I hope I can get to know her better as the summer goes on.

On Saturday we had a work day/free day. The morning was spent painting Porfi and Carla's house and then the afternoon was just free time. We were planning on doing concrete work. However, the city was not prepared so we had to use our backup plan. We had a rough start to the morning, but God always provides, and He did that day as well.

Yesterday we had church at the camp and then we did the Cultural Safari in Rio San Juan. Lake Cities did a great job and they were a lot of fun to work with.

This morning we poured concrete which we had planned to do on Saturday. It was hard work, but the group stuck with it, and we finished before lunch! We're fixing to head to the beach for some relaxation with Lake Cities before they leave tomorrow. Please keep them in your prayers as they head back to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment