Sunday, April 24, 2011

Baby Connor

After months of waiting (9 months to be exact), Connor Evan Aldridge is finally.  He was born on Monday, April 18, 2011 at 9:20 AM in Santiago.  He weighed 8 pounds and was 19.5” long.  He is absolutely beautiful, and I am so glad that I got to be at the hospital when he was born.
Chad and I left Bobita the Sunday before he was born.  We went to Santiago and got to have dinner with Evan and Rachel and her parents as well as Norm and Kevin.  It was so fun to get to spend this time together the night before Connor was born.
Early on Monday morning, we all got up and went to the hospital to wait for Connor to get here.  They had scheduled a C-section so we were expecting Connor to arrive pretty early in the morning.  As Chad and I waited with Rachel’s parents, a woman came in who was waiting for her daughter.  Her daughter had come in for an emergency C-section and it was a month before her due date.  The mother was extremely worried and was crying.  She was all by herself so Ms. Joyce, Rachel’s mom, went to sit by her to comfort her.  It was so sweet to see these two soon-to-be-grandmas taking care of one another.  We found out that the woman’s daughter had the same doctor as Rachel so we knew it might be a little longer before we got to see Connor.  Anyway, not long after that, the doctor came out and told the woman the baby and her daughter were fine.  We were all so excited for her, and she was grateful to Ms. Joyce for being there to take care of her.  I was really glad we got to experience that.  Well, it probably wasn’t thirty minutes later and the nurse came out to ask us if we had clothes for the baby.  We all said, “Our baby?”  The nurse said yes and then said we could come back and see Connor!  We couldn’t believe he was finally here, and it had happened so quickly!  I guess he was just ready to be here.  
We got to spend the rest of the day getting to know Connor and holding him.  He really is one of the most precious babies I’ve ever seen.  I’m so happy for Evan and Rachel, and I’m so grateful that Connor is healthy and a part of our lives.  I love him so much, and I’m glad I get to be Aunt Jill to sweet little Baby Connor.  




No comments:

Post a Comment