Saturday, April 2, 2011

Family and Friends From FHU

We had some amazing spring break groups in the month of March.  One of those groups was the group from Freed Hardeman University.  I was especially excited about this group coming because this is the group that I first came to the Dominican Republic with.  I knew everybody in the group that was coming, and I was so excited to have a little piece of Freed Hardeman here.  
The group of people that came were absolutely incredible!  They had put so much hard work and planning into their week that would be spent here, and it really paid off.  As I mentioned in the previous blog about TTU, we tried some new things with these groups where we partnered the prospective students for the school up with one of the group members.  Just like TTU, the FHU students did a great job with these and proved to us once again that intense one-on-one time spent with these kids is exactly what they need.  The relationships the FHU group formed with the kids in just one week was amazing.  The kids here are still talking about some of those group members, and it’s exciting to see what an impact they made on them.  
Cheryl Mynatt and Jan Beckham were able to come with the Freed Hardeman group and it was such a blessing.  Those women worked relentlessly all week long in my house and in Chad’s house.  They cleaned, painted, and tried their best to make everything feel more like home.  I am so thankful for each of them.  They don’t know how much that meant to me, and I love them both so very much.  
The FHU group was such an encouragement to me.  It was so good to see some of my closest friends and get to spend time with them and hear about what is going on in their lives.  I love each of those people who were here so much, and I didn’t really realize how much I missed them until they were here.  I was really sad to see them go, but I am so thankful for the encouragement they were to me.  
Thanks to all of the FHU group for such an incredible week.  You guys were absolutely phenomenal, and we appreciate all of your hard work.  I love you all very much!  Good luck with winning Number 17!!!


Here is one of our groups at the old Outreach Center on the Photo Scavenger Hunt.


Another group on the Photo Scavenger Hunt with a cute little puppy they found.


How many people can eat one Skim Ice?  A lot!


The group I was blessed to be a part of for Community Day with Milagros and her sweet family.


We had an ice cream party for the Princesas and Pescadores.  The group served ice cream to all of our kids!


Jonah was FHU's theme for VBS.  The skit was phenomenal!


These two precious ladies, Cheryl Mynatt and Jan Beckham, worked relentlessly to make my house and Chad's house seem more like home.  I'm so, so grateful for both of them.  


Glenn got to come with the FHU group!  I cannot wait for him to live here!


What an amazing group of people.  Thank you Freed Hardeman for such an incredible week.  I love you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment