Thursday, April 21, 2011

An Update on Carlos from the Texaco Station

A while ago I posted a blog about a guy named Carlos who worked at the Texaco Station in Rio San Juan.  I had met him there and invited him to church, and he ended up coming the following week!  I was really excited that he came and excited to see where that would lead.
Well, about a month has passed since my first interaction with Carlos, and things are still moving in a really positive direction.  Carlos has been at church every opportunity he has had the chance to go.  He works every other Sunday, but when he’s not working, he always comes to church.  One time when he was there I was able to talk to him a little more because Chad was with me to help translate.  Carlos told us that he’s always been a Christian, but a few years ago he kind of went through a wild phase.  However, now he’s back on track and searching for something.  He’s just not sure what yet.  He loves God, and he’s enjoyed coming to church and getting to know all of us.  Carlos really is an excellent guy and I pray that he will continue to stay interested in growing and furthering his relationship with Christ.  
Please keep Carlos in your prayers.  I haven’t been able to have much communication with him lately, but Ronald, our minister in Rio San Juan, told me he was at church this past Sunday (we had a church service at the Children’s Home) which made me really happy.  Pray that he will continue to stay interested.  Pray that he will continue to form relationships with all of us.  Pray that he finds what it is that he is searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment