Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cabinet Inhabitants

I absolutely love living on the Children’s Home property.  There are kids around all of the time, and I love that they feel comfortable enough to come in my house or peek in my windows in the morning to see if I’m awake.  
Three of my most frequent visitors are Adolfo, Lisandro, and Cristo Daniel.  They love to come over and read books or draw on the white board that I have.  While the Freed Hardeman group was in Puerto Plata, I got to have a day off to relax and get some other things done.  Bright and early that morning, Adolfo, Lisandro, and Cristo Daniel showed up to play.  It didn’t take them long to realize that one of the cabinets I’m using in my house was empty.  They immediately decided that this was where they would be spending the morning.  They had so much fun laying on the shelves and opening and closing the doors while they were inside.  Who knew that empty cabinet would provide so much entertainment?  I just couldn’t resist taking a picture of them and sharing it with all of you.  
I’m thankful for moments like this when I can be reminded of how important it is not to let the simple things in life pass us by.  I honestly think those kids could have played in that cabinet all day long if I hadn’t had to leave the house.  I’m so thankful to be here and for the opportunities like these that I have to spend time with these kids.  They are so precious, and I pray that their innocence and love for life never changes.  
Just so you all know, the cabinet is full of things now, but sometimes when they come over I take everything out just so they can play in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment